Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FAMILY

Well,.....three of the remaining eight members of my family have moved about 5 hours away from me.  :-(    My grandson and his family left for Panama City Beach this evening. This was the last of my daughter's children to move away. I knew they would be moving, but just didn't know when they would go. You see, his mom, sister an d brother live there so it was just a matter of time before he would leave too. Now, both of my great grandchildren are growing up 5 hours away.  I know,  I'm lucky they didn't move out of the state, and are ONLY 5 hours away,...but....! You get spoiled when you see them a couple times a week!   :-)  We just celebrated my great grandson's 1st birthday the 2nd of the month. I'm going to miss his eyes lighting up when he sees me, holding his little arms up for me to take him. Needless to say, I am going to miss them very much! I missed out on all that with my great granddaughter. She was born in Panama City Beach and will be celebrating her 2nd birthday next month! Time fly's by so fast! It seems like it was just yesterday she was a baby! Now, she is becoming a little girl walking, talking, and learning new things all the time! My only consolation is my son and his family live in St. Cloud, which is about 2hrs away. Less time and gas! (With the price of gas, I don't see them very often)! So,...I now know how my mom felt when I moved to Florida with my family. At least my sister and cousin lived within 20 min., so she still had family near her. It isn't the same, but it helps! Am I feeling a little alone? Am I feeling sorry for myself? Am I depressed? The answer is yes to these questions. The only thing I can say is, I love them all very much and pray they all have wonderful blessed lives! You never know what tomorrow will bring so, live each day to the fullest and enjoy yourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment