Thursday, November 18, 2010

PUSHED BY AN ANGEL? WHAT DO YOU THINK

This is about a dear friend of mine. Her name is Diana Wise. Let me give you a little back ground information. Diana and I met each other when I was in the 6th grade. She is younger than I am. We grew up together in the world of roller skating. We met at the rink. When I graduated from high school, I quit skating and lost contact with her. I moved to Florida, and many years later, when I went back to Ohio and while visiting my mom, reconnected with Diana. She told me that she had been skating again, and had reconnected with her first skating partner Jim, and were back skating competition! I told her I would love to see Jim again. So we plotted for me to go to the rink while they were there to surprise him. Long story short, we surprised him and had a nice reunion. When I had to come home, Diana and I kept in touch with each other over the years. When I retired, I went back up home to help my mom. We became "Snowbirds". Mom and I would be in Ohio for the summer, and here in Florida for the Winter. While in Ohio, I bought myself a pair of skates, at Diana's coaxing, and started to skate a little myself again! This was the first time in about 17 years! Whenever we were in Florida, Diana and I still kept in touch with each other. Mom passed away 2 years ago, and I haven't been back to Ohio since.

Well, Diana and Jim made it to Nationals this year held in August. They had about 2 weeks before they were to leave. On one afternoon, Diana was warming up, waiting for Jim, so they could practice for Nationals. She wasn't doing anything special, skating around when it happened! She just fell! To this day, she doesn't know how or why she fell! It happened so fast she didn't have a chance to protect or block her fall! She fell face first hitting the floor, breaking some facial bones and injuring her shoulder. "Oh my gosh!" you say. "How terrible!" Needless to say, she didn't get to skate at Nationals. When I talked to Diana, at this point in time, she said she was doing good and hoped to go back skating soon. some weeks later, I called to see how she was, and when I asked, she replied, " I'm doing good, Just finished up my second round of chemotherapy! I was, as you can imagine, SHOCKED! I had just talked to her a little while ago! I was Flabbergasted to say the least! I said "What?"! She said, "Didn't I tell you?" I said, "No!" She then preceded to tell me that when they were doing all the tests when she fell to make sure of her injuries, they found a spot on the upper part of her lung. Now this lady was never a smoker. The doctors took a biopsy and found it was malignant. They had to removed the upper part of her lung, and that she was just completing her second chemotherapy treatment. The doctors told her that the cancer was on the outside edge, and it was a slow moving type. They were able to remove it all. Diana doesn't know how or why she fell. She just did. Diana calls her fall her "miracle fall". She said, "who knows how far it would have spread before being found if I hadn't fallen."

So, now I ask you, "What do YOU think? Did an Angel make her fall to save her life?" I don't know the answer, but if so, I want to say, "Thank you", because her family and friends would Greatly miss her. Diana is a terrific person and is liked by all. Diana has had a very up-beat out look through all of this. So when you say your prayers tonight, do me a favor, say one for Diana to be completely healed.

Thank you, and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment